Wholesale Logistics Coordinator
The Wholesale Logistics Coordinator will work with the Wholesale Team through the entire sales process. You are a critical part to making sure SOKO products reach the hands of our clients and customers. This role has the opportunity to gain mentorship from an experienced and entrepreneurial Sales Team, reporting directly to our Sales Operations Manager. Additionally, you will have a high interaction with our team in both the US and Kenya. You’ll learn the inner workings of our ethical production model
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Manage day to day operations supporting wholesale accounts.
- Process and manage all wholesale returns, exchanges, damages.
- Support account managers on account management and order processing
- Synthesize and communicate all packaging instructions for orders (primarily bulk accounts) to Kenya Team.
- Manage shipping deadlines with Kenya team and resolve any logistics delays (proactive communication with Kenya team regarding upcoming shipping deadlines for important orders, especially for sample orders for bulk clients and buyer meetings).
- Handle all additional forms and asset requirements by retailers (i.e. onboarding docs, image asset folders, material composition forms).
- Manage sample inventory (proactive sample ordering for all trade shows, buyer meetings, and special events, as well as sample packing and cleaning for all of the above).
- Help maintain product catalog and CRM. Collaborate on system improvements, including data governance and feature updates.
- Deliver customer service support to improve the customer experience (both in SF showroom and online). Own SF Showroom operations.
- Support local west coast retail events, including pop-ups and trunk shows.
We are an ethical lifestyle brand that leverages technology with human ingenuity to catalyze global supply chain innovation, partnering with artisan entrepreneurs to create thoughtful fashion for consumers who care and won’t compromise.
SOKO is pioneering a revolution in manufacturing to scale artisanal production of handmade products for conscious consumers, thereby disrupting large scale factory production models while enhancing the lives of artisans, their families, and the communities in which they live.
Our products are handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials and have been endorsed for our social impact work by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank.
Our distributed manufacturing model leverages mobile technology to coordinate +2200 independent artisans into an efficient and powerful production force which we call our virtual factory. We have over 700 retail points of distribution in 64 countries worldwide.
We believe the future of ethical business is not just doing things nicer, but doing things better, leveraging innovation to create a next generation business model that is both kinder and more competitive.
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Customer service/sales experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, driven and self-starting individual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to make things happen
- Excel, CRM experience preferred