We’re looking for an expert in brand storytelling to take our story to the next level. From developing our brand voice to strategizing content on our website, email marketing, sales and print materials, you’ll be the driving force behind how we communicate who we are to the public. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners in marketing and management to create engaging, original copy which lives on a variety of platforms. You’re driven by the true potential of the written word and understand that content isn’t just about grabbing attention; it’s about creating a relationship with your audience.
The ideal candidate has experience amplifying the story of within fashion and lifestyle brands, a strong interest in ethical fashion and responsible business, and a passion for clear, original storytelling. We at Soko share a respect for deadlines, details, and research.
Specific Duties Include:
- Own and articulate the brand story by developing, delivering, and executing customized integrated content for Soko - the brand, the wholesale channel, and shopsoko.com
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to execute marketing and brand strategies into clear communications which are engaging and informative
- Consult and advise on the most effective written content for the brand across all touchpoints
- Build and maintain Soko copy brand guidelines
- Partner with the graphic designer to create and edit marketing assets with the Soko brand tone and voice
- Collaborate with Marketing, Ecommerce, Sales, Social Responsibility, and People Operations to conceptualize, develop, and execute digital and social campaigns
- Attend all project kickoffs and creative reviews, examine various types of project briefs to deliver on sales and marketing objectives
Designed in San Francisco. Handcrafted responsibly in Kenya.
We are an ethical lifestyle brand and manufacturing platform that brings together artisan communities in the developing world with consumers worldwide. Our innovative supply chain uses mobile technology to connect independent artisan entrepreneurs directly to Soko and the global marketplace.
Soko has designed proprietary supply chain technology that transforms the mobile phone into a powerful business tool. Through our distributed production model we call our “virtual factory” we have created a mobile phone-driven supply chain that empowers artisans in underserved communities to sustainably improve skills, manage and grow their businesses, and access the global market. The proprietary mobile technology we developed organizes over 2300 independent, distributed artisans into an efficient and demand-responsive “virtual factory” enabling our artisan workshops to earn 4.8X more than an average Kenyan workshop.
We are driven by purpose—to empower marginalized artisans and the communities in which they live by preserving artisanal production techniques and cultural heritage for future generations. We bring ethical and sustainable jewellery to millennial consumers who demand fashion that aligns with their values. By bridging economic, cultural, technological and geographic divides, we are creating a sustainable business for the future.
Our product is handmade from ethically sourced and upcycled materials and is currently sold in over 64 countries and have over 700 points of distribution ranging from Nordstrom, Marine Layer, Amour Vert, Anthropologie, Goop, Zolando, Reformation, and more. We are B-Corp certified and endorsed for social impact by the United Nations, USAID, and the World Bank. More information about Soko can be found on our website www.shopsoko.com.
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing, marketing, communications or a related field
- 3-5 years experience in brand messaging at an ad agency, retail, or ecommerce
- Experience in digital and print communication
- Preferred experience with graphic design software
- 20 hours per week on-site in San Francisco or Los Angeles